Kylie- So we’re supposed to be writing about the current day but I am so in love with what happened yesterday that I feel compelled to share with y’all. We went to a black gospel church and the passion that this tiny congregation had was unbelievable!! Randomly during this service the pastor would just pray and give thanks for the tiniest things like the sun shining in the morning. And the faces of the visitors. Why do we forget to give thanks to God in Canada for the smallest things? And I have never felt so welcomed as a visitor in a church in my whole life before!! Why do we not treasure visitors? I have also been learning that God takes our prayers seriously. Seriously, the night before we left I told Rachael I wanted experiences when I truly had to depend on God and know what it was like to really have to trust Him. I have never flown alone before, and when we got to the airport I was told I was on a separate flight which was pretty scary but I know that God knows our desire for adventure and this was one for sure. I think the best part of this trip is listening to our Leader Tim speak every night. I have never learned so much, tonight he told us a story of this demon possessed man he prayed with one time. The man was not released from the possession, and a guy asked Tim, “how come this man wasn’t released?” Tim replied and said, “Well, would you be willing to die for that man?” He responded with no.,. and Tim said, “I wouldn’t either”. That’s the problem, if we want to live in the POWER of Christ, we have to live in the LOVE of Him too. Also, there is nothing greater than serving, eating, laughing and singing all day. This is the way we were meant to live I think. And the fact that the days are so full of life and adventure that they mesh into one big day, makes me lose track of what day it is and it feels great. Today is Monday? NO WAY!
oh my (with a couple of tears trickling) i am soo proud of you!!! keep doing what you were meant to do..ALL OF YOU!!! God bless you and we are praying for you xoxoxo we love you!!
ReplyDeleteAuntie Lisa